Tuesday, March 11, 2014

PROVEN ABILITY



A review of To the Best of My Ability: The American Presidents edited by James McPherson (2001) 

(Rating 3 of 5)

This was a present to me from my parents that I received on my twentieth birthday.  It is a great introductory resource for information on the Presidents of the United States.  Each section is a mini-biography and the events of their presidency.  Each section is visibly decorated with paintings and later photos of the presidents.  The second part contains a description of each presidential election followed by each inaugural address of the elected president.  The presidential biographies go from George Washington to Bill Clinton and the inaugurals go from Washington to George W. Bush. 
 
This book is well-done and well put together and is a great gift for a fledgling presidential history buff. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on any article at anytime, regardless how long ago I posted it. I will most likely respond.